VIII. Aṭṭhaka Nipāta
The Numerical Discourses of the Buddha
VIII. The Book of the Eights
Translated from the Pali by Bhikkhu Bodhi.
© 2012 Bhikkhu Bodhi
Boston, MA 02115
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at http://www.wisdompubs.org/book/numerical-discourses-buddha
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.wisdompubs.org/terms-use.
(1) The power of children is weeping;
(2) the power of women is anger;
(3) the power of thieves is a weapon;
(4) the power of kings is sovereignty;
(5) the power of fools is to complain;
(6) the power of the wise is to deliberate;
(7) the power of the learned is reflection;
(8) the power of ascetics and brahmins is patience.
These are the eight powers."