VI. Sa-Citta Vagga
The Numerical Discourses of the Buddha
X. The Book of the Tens
VI. One's Own Mind
Paṭhama Saññā Suttaɱ
Translated from the Pali by Bhikkhu Bodhi.
© 2012 Bhikkhu Bodhi
Boston, MA 02115
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at http://www.wisdompubs.org/book/numerical-discourses-buddha
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.wisdompubs.org/terms-use.
(1) The perception of unattractiveness,
(2) the perception of death, (3) the perception of the repulsiveness of food,
(4) the perception of non-delight in the entire world, (5) the perception of impermanence,
(6) the perception of suffering in the impermanent,
(7) the perception of non-self in what is suffering,
(8) the perception of abandoning,
(9) the perception of dispassion, and
(10) the perception of cessation.
These ten perceptions, when developed and cultivated, are of great fruit and benefit, culminating in the deathless, having the deathless as their consummation."