VI. Sa-Citta Vagga
The Numerical Discourses of the Buddha
X. The Book of the Tens
VI. One's Own Mind
Dutiya Saññā Suttaɱ
Translated from the Pali by Bhikkhu Bodhi.
© 2012 Bhikkhu Bodhi
Boston, MA 02115
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at http://www.wisdompubs.org/book/numerical-discourses-buddha
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.wisdompubs.org/terms-use.
(1) The perception of impermanence,
(2) the perception of non-self,
(3) the perception of death,
(4) the perception of the repulsiveness of food,
(5) the perception of non-delight in the entire world,
(6) the perception of a skeleton,
(7) the perception of a worm-infested corpse,
(8) the perception of a livid corpse,
(9) the perception of a fissured corpse, and
(10) the perception of a bloated corpse.
These ten perceptions, when developed and cultivated, are of great fruit and benefit, culminating in the deathless, having the deathless as their consummation."