II. Nātha Vagga
The Numerical Discourses of the Buddha
X. The Book of the Tens
Paṭhama Āriya-Vāsa Suttaɱ
Abodes of the Noble Ones (1)
Translated from the Pali by Bhikkhu Bodhi.
© 2012 Bhikkhu Bodhi
Boston, MA 02115
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at http://www.wisdompubs.org/book/numerical-discourses-buddha
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.wisdompubs.org/terms-use.
"Here, a bhikkhu
(1) has abandoned five factors;
(2) possesses six factors;
(3) has a single guard
(4) and four supports;
(5) has dispelled personal truths,
(6) totally renounced seeking,
(7) purified his intentions,
(8) tranquilized bodily activity, and become
(9) well liberated in mind and
(10) well liberated by wisdom.
These are the ten abodes of the noble ones in which the noble ones of the past, present, or future abide."